Filled Bookmobile Assistant Literacy Educator
Bookmobile Assistant Literacy Educator
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma required with a strong knowledge of popular children’s literature. Course work in Education, Human Services or pursuing an advanced degree in Education, Library Science, or equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working with at risk and emerging readers. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to work efficiently and positively as a member of a team with varying skills and talents. Reliable transportation required.
Temporary/Seasonal-part time, $3,000 including payroll deductions and taxes.
Hours: Minimum 28 hours weekly during July and August. 10 hours average all other weeks.
June 1, 2016-August 30, 2016 (Summer Semester)
- Work with Program Coordinator and Literacy Specialists to develop materials that will compliment summer program weekly themes. Materials will be created and adapted for various age and interest levels.
- Lead Bookmobile “tours” and other events as pre-summer promotion within the Oswego City School District geographic area (Minetto, Scriba, city of Oswego, Oswego Town).
- Perform as part of the literacy delivery team on the bookmobile according to a schedule to be determined for 7 weeks from July 5, 2015 through August 19, 2016.
- Help student visitors find books at an independent, high interest reading level that will increase the likelihood of a successful reading experience while the student is not in school and with limited access to other resources.
- Use technology (I Pads) and other material available to assist student visitors in achieving a successful program experience thereby increasing the likelihood of return visits.
- Monitor and comment on student visitor work that is uploaded to “For Kids” page on the organization website.
- Assist with sorting new and previously owned books, stamping, labeling and shelving books as needed to maintain book inventory.
- Attend weekly staff/planning meetings (1 hour each week) at a mutually convenient time to be determined-located at the Oswego Bookmobile office in the OCSD Education Center.
- Produce a written report at the conclusion of the program that provides a subjective analysis of the program and recommendations for future development due no later than September 5, 2015.
- Other tasks as may be required to continue a successful and growing literacy program.
Interested students should contact Oswego Bookmobile at firstname.lastname@example.org