Filled Admissions Graduate Fellowship – New York City
Outstanding opportunity for a graduate student interested in higher education, working with students in an education setting, communication and marketing. A generous compensation package of graduate tuition and stipend is available.
Successful candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills, be familiar with SUNY Oswego, and able to navigate in and around New York City. Position does not include reimbursement for hotels or meals, but will pay for rental car or mileage reimbursement, and associated expenses such as tolls or parking.
- A valid driver’s license required.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to deliver oral presentations to small and large groups.
- Knowledge of programs/services available to Oswego students.
- Successful candidate will be culturally sensitive, caring and friendly with a deep understanding and appreciation of a diverse, multi-cultural and inclusive college community.
- Candidate should feel comfortable using technology and databases.
- This is a 10 month appointment, with summer employment possible but not guaranteed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the college to prospective students, both first-year students and transfers, and their families, with a focus on NYC constituencies. Help plan future recruitment, enrollment and retention goals. Plans should include the representation of the college to a variety of agencies such as: high schools, community colleges, counselor associations, social agencies, etc. This requires a clear understanding of the college’s programs and opportunities for both first-year and transfers students.
- Recruitment Visitation: Contacts with prospects must be professional. Visits to high schools, community colleges, agencies, etc., must be properly planned and accomplished in a timely and professional manner. (Travel Season: September to December)
- Assist in data entry and communication efforts which may include but not limited to answering student emails to entering prospect student interest cards into database
- Other related projects as needed
Preference will be given to candidates who are interested in the possibility of a two-year commitment.
To apply, submit a letter of application and resume to Emmanuel Cruz, Assistant Director of Admissions, Emmanuel.Cruz@oswego.edu