Other Campus Life – Event Management Graduate Assistant for Event Services
Campus Life – Event Management Graduate Assistant for Event Services
About SUNY Oswego – SUNY Oswego is located in Oswego , New York approximately 35 miles northwest of Syracuse and 65 miles east of Roch es ter. The College’s 690 acre · tree-lined campus spreads along the southern shore of majestic Lake Ontario. Originally founded in 1861 as the Oswego Normal School, the College became a charter member of the State University of New York system in 1948. In 1962, it expanded from teacher education to a multi-purpose College of Arts and Sciences. Today the College offers over 100 undergraduate majors and 22 master’s degree programs through the College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Business, and the School of Education.
Program Overview – The Event Management Office is a division of the Department of Campus Life. The staff and students who work within the Event Management Office are responsible for the daytime, evening and weekend operations of the Marano Campus Center. The Event Management Office staff are responsible for scheduling, reservations, event planning, event logistics and production and on site event support when needed. In addition to the Marano Campus Center, the Event Management staff provide support for events in Hewitt Union and Sheldon Hall as needed.
Job Description – The Graduate Assistant for Event Programming will serve as a member of the Event Management staff. The Graduate Assistant will be an active team member and will provide input toward the work of the Event Management Office. The Graduate Assistant reports to the Assistant Director of Event Management and is responsible for the following:
- Provide on-site and evening/weekend event support
- Assist in the supervision of student staff
- Develop pop up programming once a month
- Create professional development resources for programming
- Create training templates
- Signage for events (graphic skills)
- Post on social media
- Collaborate with vendors and service providers
- Work collaboratively with all event office graduate assistants
Qualifications – The successful candidate will present evidence of the following:
- Full matriculation into a graduate program at SUNY Oswego
- Experience and interest in the areas of event programming, student activities, or a closely related field, and a strong desire to gain a working knowledge of Event Management
- Organizational skills, effective time management skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to work as an effective member of a professional team
- Strong computer skills and the willingness to train in the Event Management software programs
- Prior experience supervising and training employees is desired
The term of appointment – Begins two weeks prior to the first day of classes in Spring 2020 to the end of December 2020, excluding academic recesses. The assistantship is for a maximum of two years, contingent upon acceptable performance in the position and budget approval.
To Apply – Submit letter of application, resume, and three professional references to: Holli Stone
135 Marano Campus Center Holli.firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 315-312-2301
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Remuneration – Graduate Assistant Rules and Privileges https://www.oswego.edu/graduate/
Job Code 218