Filled Campus Recreation Graduate Assistant for Marketing and Programs
The Graduate Assistant for Marketing and Programs will serve as a member of the Campus Recreation staff. The Graduate Assistant will be an active team member and is expected to provide assistance toward the Campus Recreation programs and services offer to the University community. The Graduate Assistant reports to the Coordinator of Campus Recreation.
The Graduate Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Assist with all aspects of Marketing and Promotion for Campus Recreation programs and services to the campus community. This includes but not limited to assisting with the supervision of the student team, leading and overseeing marketing meetings, act as a liaison to Residence Halls and academic classes, conduct promotional presentations to groups on campus, and promote programs in the areas of intramural sports, open recreation, swimming, and special events.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage marketing strategies for Campus Recreation to include: programs, services, and Assist with marketing and promotion at open houses, information tables, student involvement fair, digital sign campaigns, wellness fair, and library success fair.
- Assist in producing and maintaining an action plan and timeline for all marketing campaigns to include an evaluation and assessment of the effectiveness and cost value of all Assist with marketing and promotion long range planning with Professional and student staff.
- Supervise the Open Recreation program at Swetman gym to include promotions of programs and staff supervision. The staff supervision will include the hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, and evaluating student staff.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, implementing, and evaluating all aspects associated with Campus Recreation Special Event Programs. Specific programs include: Cooking Class, No Sew Blankets, National Rec Day, Open Skates and other programs as assigned. Assist the Coordinator with Friends and Family Weekend, Warm up with Campus Rec, and the Color Run events.
- Assist the Coordinator in safety inspections of all Campus Recreation facilities noting and prioritizing deficiencies requiring correction and notifying coordinator of any service request needed. Assist in by-annual equipment inventory.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, student orientation, and training sessions as deemed appropriate.
The successful candidate will present evidence of the following:
- Fully matriculation at SUNY Oswego majoring in Marketing, Public Relations, Broadcasting, Communication, or related field
- Knowledge, experience and interest in the areas of marketing, promotion, communication, and programming.
- Experience and interest in the areas of Intramural Sports, Recreation, Athletics, Wellness, or Health and/or a strong desire to gain a working knowledge of Campus
- Prior experience as a member or leader of a college student organization is
- Prior experience supervising and training employees desired.
- Organizational skills, effective time management skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and high levels of energy and
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Strong computer skills and the willingness to train in the Campus Recreation software
- Ability to work independently within departmental standards of conduct and professional
- Ability to take initiative to complete projects, to prioritize work, and meet
- American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, and AED certificate desired or willingness to obtain the certification required.
- Ability to stay for two years desired.
The term of appointment runs from Monday, August 13, 2018 through Friday, May 17, 2019 excluding some academic recesses. The position requires that the Graduate Assistant starts working one week prior to the first day of class in each semester. The Fall start date is August 16, 2018 and Spring start date is January 17, 2019. The Graduate Assistant for Campus Recreation is expected to work twenty (20) hours per week, excluding applicable holidays, during the term of appointment. Regular evening and weekend hours are required.
Compensation for the 2018-19 academic year includes $9,000 toward tuition and/or stipend
Submit letter of application, resume, and three professional references names, e-mail, phone numbers, and how you know the individuals via e-mail to:
Mrs. Cassandra Para
Coordinator of Campus Recreation
101 Lee Hall, Oswego, NY 13126
Phone (315) 312-3112
*Position pending final budget approval