GA 10 Digital Media Support
Digital media facilities needed to support the programs in the Art Department are complex and interdisciplinary in nature. They are highly specialized and specific to the visual arts. Within Tyler Hall there are three digital studios, one seats 25 students and two seat 17. In Addition to this, there are four media support spaces that students use to do specializing image capture, printing, or laser cutting. These digital spaces support photography, printmaking, digital media, illustration, painting, and sculpture. This Graduate Assistant also provides administrative support, especially in regards to overseeing undergraduate workers, scheduling open labs and studios.
This graduate assistant is specific to Tyler Hall and is expected to have functional knowledge of a wide range of studio practices. They are trained by our full-time technician in the operation, maintenance, and repair of all the digital equipment in the building. This technical training improves student success upon graduation.
- Assist the Department in the day-to-day operations of Tyler Hall digital spaces including scheduling open lab hours, monitoring supplies, and other studio related duties.
- Supervise student workers, generally a staff of 3-4 workers.
- Provide direct assistance to students during open lab develops lab handouts and other reference materials.
* Assist with providing studio access to printmaking, photography, and sculpture during open studios, providing supervision of these highly technical, and dangerous spaces.
- Assist the Department Tech in the maintenance and roll-over of the computer studios in Lanigan Hall, which houses 70 workstations, and Tyler Hall, which houses 70 workstations. Duties include installation, modification, debugging, testing, and maintenance of system software and all other software applications.
- Oversee the duplication of promotional materials for visiting artist, guest lectures, open house events, and conferences.
Background: Previous study of graphic design or related field with knowledge of Macintosh computers, the Adobe Suite and digital photography.
Skill Requirements required:
- Previous study of graphic design or related field.
- Knowledge of Digital Photography
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite.
- Experience with Macintosh computers.
- Experience with printers including ink jet and toner based systems.
- Experience with digital cameras and scanners.
*Position pending final budget approval