Filled Division of Graduate Studies
The Division of Graduate Studies is seeking a matriculated graduate student who embodies the mission of high quality graduate education to join our dynamic and highly collaborative team.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- The primary responsibility of the Graduate Assistant (GA) will be to manage and contribute to the social media presence of Graduate Studies, including student and faculty spotlights. In addition, the GA will assist with various communication projects (research, editing for publications; social media; virtual tour, web edits).
- In close collaboration with the Division of Graduate Studies, the GA may also contribute to the following activities:
- Represent Graduate Studies at recruitment tabling on campus
- Represent Graduate Studies during information sessions in partnership with other campus offices
- Communicate with potential graduate students during the admissions process under the supervision of the Graduate Admissions Counselor
- Help welcome potential students and their families with campus tours
- The GA will serve as a leader for the Graduate Ambassador Program as a liaison between the Division of Graduate Studies and the Graduate Ambassadors. The GA will help recruit potential Ambassadors, and support the ongoing activities of the Ambassador Program.
4. Other related projects as needed
The successful candidate will display excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral. The candidate should also be comfortable responsibly using technology and social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to communicate with potential students, current students, and alumni. The Division of Graduates is seeking to recruit a self starter, who is able and willing to work as a contributing team member in a professional campus office.
Job Code 140 / GA 10