GA 20 Graduate Assistant-The Box Office
The Box Office Graduate Assistant will work to ensure ticketed events at SUNY Oswego are student staffed with ticket scanners. Assistant will work with an Assistant Manager and Manger at the Marano Center Box Office and satellite locations as needed. This position is for the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters.
Date of Appointment: August 24, 2020
Application Deadline: accepted until position is filled. Review of applicants will begin on April 20, 2020.
- Coordinate the recruitment, scheduling and training of Ticket Scanning Staff for events at SUNY Oswego
- Ensure adequate staff and scanning devices are at event locations
- Cover weekly box office window hours
- Assist in supervision of and training of scanning staff so as to provide positive guest relations at college events while serving as ambassadors of SUNY Oswego to the community.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Acceptance into a graduate degree program at SUNY Oswego before the start date. Must be available for a minimum of 2 semesters.
- Strong organization skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member, experience leading group members to successful outcomes
- Preference is given to those applicants with a Human Resources and/or Business Administration but all qualified graduate students from all programs may apply.
- Must be able to learn new software applications in order to meet the needs of the operation.
- Available to work assigned evening and weekend events a must.
Job Code 207 / 20