Filled IST Coordinator-Hart Hall
The Office of the Provost and the Department of Residence Life & Housing at the State University of New York at Oswego are seeking qualified applicants for an IST Coordinator Graduate Assistant position; this is a part-time Graduate Assistantship (GA 20) in the Hart Hall Global Living and Learning Center. An average of twenty hours of work per week is expected for this position. The Coordinator may be allowed to hold additional employment at the discretion of the FRD supervisor.
One vacancy anticipated for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Posting Date: June 15, 2018
Review Date: Review of applications will begin June 22, 2018, and will continue until all vacancies are filled.
Selection Process: Applicants must apply to a SUNY Oswego Graduate Program before their IST Coordinator application will be considered. After initial screening, which may include telephone interviews, finalists will be invited for on-campus interviews.
Compensation: Compensation includes a stipend of $10,000 annually for the term of employment. An office space in Hart Hall will be provided along with free on-campus parking. Compensation is pending budgetary allowance and the stipend is subject to appropriate personal income taxation as determined by the IRS code.
Date of Appointment: August 20, 2018, through May 19, 2019, with potential reappointment for a second year.
Description of Responsibilities: The IST Coordinator will be directly supervised by the Faculty Resident Director and support him/her in their efforts to facilitate a successful IST Program, Hart Hall Global Living and Learning Center’s academic program. The IST Coordinator’s responsibilities also include the following:
- Participation in August and January training before the academic semesters begin as well as ongoing training throughout the academic year.
- Holding 10 hours of open office hours for IST students each week
- Serve as IST office manager including keeping an inventory of the IST office/storage space for equipment/supplies
- Coordinate the community service component of the IST Program including advertising, tracking, facilitating, assessing, and reporting community service opportunities
- Manage the IST events calendar under the FRD’s supervision
- Along with other Hart staff, coordinate and facilitate large-scale programming efforts within the hall including Global Awareness Conference, Laker Night, and Cruise Around the World events
- Manage the IST Course on Blackboard under the FRD’s supervision
- Help schedule, organize, and participate in Hart staff meetings and policy board meetings throughout the academic semester
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and matriculation into a SUNY Oswego Graduate Program by August 1, 2018. The IST Coordinator is required to maintain a minimum cumulative and semester GPA of 3.0 for the term of employment.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred qualifications include: an understanding of global and international issues; fluency in language(s) other than English; experience in teaching, community service, global or international endeavors and/or mentoring.
If you have any questions about the position, please email:
Maggie Rivera, Faculty Resident Director
Brian Gordinier, Residence Hall Director
Official transcript(s) for all degrees will be required if hired; background checks will be completed for finalists.
Email the Faculty Resident Director expressing your interest in the position and include an attached cover letter, resume, unofficial electronic copy of transcript, and references (names and contact information for three professional references). Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.