Filled Mathematics Learning Success Center Graduate Assistant
The Mathematics Learning Success Center (MLSC) Graduate Assistant will work directly with members of the professional staff team in the Office of Learning Services to develop and distribute print and media materials designed to increase student interest in SUNY SUMS grant activities and the MLSC as a whole. The position pays $15/hour at 10 hours per week. This is a multi-semester position.
- Familiar with Business Processes, Marketing and Outreach.
- Meet with the MLSC coordinator weekly to review current projects and upcoming assignments.
- Create visually inspiring print media for on-campus distribution including, but not limited to, brochures flyers and newsletters.
- Update and maintain the Math Success Camp website by communicating content and design changes to the webpage administrator.
- Maintain office hours. Occasional early morning, late evening and weekend work will be required.
- Partner with pertinent staff to develop strategies for marketing events and enhancing the overall public image of the MLSC.
- Adhere to SUNY Oswego’s graphic identity policies and remain in communication with the Office of Publications to ensure that distribution and copyright rules are followed.
- Work directly with copiers, printers, in-house publishing personnel and off-site printing companies.
- Manage large projects by subdividing into smaller tasks and assist with implementation as necessary.
- Other Duties: Support office with general office tasks or other duties as needed. Greet visitors to the office and project a positive image. Work collaboratively with all students and staff members within the SUNY Oswego community.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Acceptance into a graduate degree program at SUNY Oswego before the start date. Must be available for a minimum of 2 semesters.
- Strong interpersonal skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills, excellent public relations and organizational skills, basic data analysis skills, demonstrated ability to work as a team member, experience with information technology, and ability to multi-task.
- Will need strong graphic design, excel and word skills. Should be able to manipulate data within a spreadsheet and mail merge documents.
- Must be willing to learn new software apps or programs to meet the needs of the department.
- Must be goal-oriented and results-driven with strong organizational, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Available to work 10 hours per week.
About the Office of Learning Services:
The Office of Learning Services offers free academic tutoring services to all enrolled students at SUNY Oswego. The tutoring and writing centers provide walk-in and appointment-based tutoring, primarily at the 100-200 level, and selected upper division courses. The Office of Learning Services provides supplemental tutoring in a comfortable and caring environment.
We work to promote intellectual integrity, honesty, independence, and confidence by helping students to develop academic skills and methods. It is our hope that students will use these skills as they advance through their academic, professional and personal endeavors.
Submit a resume & letter of interest specifying qualifications. Materials should only be sent electronically to: Patricia Krauss, Director of Office of Learning Services at email@example.com & CC’d to Casey Towne, Coordinator of the MLSC at firstname.lastname@example.org