Other Mentor-Scholar Program Graduate Assistant
The Mentor-Scholar Program is an academic and social support mentoring program that partners SUNY Oswego undergraduate students and participants from various local school districts through the academic year (fall and spring semesters). This position will provide experience in higher education through EXCEL: Experiential Courses and Engaged Learning, under the Division of Academic Affairs. The Mentor-Scholar Graduate Assistant will report to the Mentor-Scholar Program Coordinators and support undergraduate participants in the facilitation of the Mentor-Scholar Program, including working closely with program/district administration, staff and faculty at various community partners, and college personnel at SUNY Oswego.
- Assist Coordinators with overall program development.
- Coordinate the recruitment, selection, and training of undergraduate mentors.
- Act in a supporting role for the GST 311 and GST 312 Service Learning courses specific to the Mentor-Scholar program.
- Support campus and community outreach towards program initiatives and events.
- Assist with administrative duties, including data collection and statistical reporting and internal and external program PR.
- Passion for educational equity.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with proven interpersonal skills.
- Possess effective organizational and time management skills.
- Work as an effective member of a professional team, with high levels of integrity, energy and confidentiality.
- Ability to take initiative and work unsupervised.
- Positive attitude and productive work ethic.
- Availability Monday through Thursday (mentor session/after school time) and at least 2 hours on Fridays (staff meetings/Team Leader class) for a total of 20 hours per week.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Experience with middle and/or high school students.
- Experience in curriculum/assessment design and/or course facilitation.
- Familiarity with databases and data tracking software such as Banner and Google Drive.
Terms of Employment/Compensation
- This is a year-long assistantship starting August 19, 2019 to June 1, 2020. Graduate Assistant must be a full-time, matriculated graduate student at SUNY Oswego and enroll in no more than 9 credit hours per semester.
- Remuneration for the year (pending approval) is $3,000 stipend for 20 hours per week, including $5,436 graduate tuition waiver. Additional benefits include: health insurance available, free employee parking, 10% off new textbooks from the college store, and opportunities for professional development.
To Apply: Please send the following materials to Sean Milligan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for three professional references
If you have any questions or would like more information about this position please contact Sean Milligan, Mentor-Scholar Project Coordinator at email@example.com