GA 10 Office Support – MBA Department – GA 10 – Job Code 110
Department hiring: MBA Dept
Supervisor: Dr. Irene Scrton
Supervisor Job Title: Assistant Dean/Director of MBA Programs
Supervisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of hours per week expected to work: 10
Location the GA will be reporting to work: 138 Rich Hall, also remotely
Job description and key responsibilities including virtual/remote expectations: The position responsibilities may be fulfilled remotely. Key Responsibilities: Work with School of Business leadership team to support communication and engagement efforts with design work, materials, electronic media, and other appropriate mechanisms. Work with outside vendors and/or campus vendors to coordinate design and delivery of School of Business materials for communication or promotion. Provide administrative support to MBA office and School of Business as directed to provide student and stakeholder support. Support design of communication materials for distribution to School of Business stakeholders. Assist with support for compilations of AACSB materials.
Learning outcomes related to the GA’s academic program:
1. Can identify the process required to work with outside vendors to create and deliver quality marketing and promotional materials.
2. Is able to communicate verbally and in writing with internal and external stakeholders in a professional and timely manner.
3. Ability to identify the process required to plan and execute events that are professional and multi dimensional.
4. Have an understanding of the customer service activities that specifically contribute to student recruitment and student retention, including the use of CRM systems in the process.
5. Ability to conduct basic research activities such as gathering, organizing and reviewing data.
Restrictions to the type of student who would be eligible: For the student to be successful in the position, graphic design and social media skills are preferred.
Behavioral expectations, i.e. preferred communication timeline for a GA to needs to call out sick: The expectation is that the student handles their responsibilities in a professional manner equivalent to that of a full time career position. The student will report to their supervisor if they cannot work on the assigned day, if scheduling challenges arise, or if assigned projects require additional resources.
Specific information regarding this position: n/a
*Position pending final budget approval
Job Code# 110/GA 10