6 Apr 2017
Filled Programming Graduate Assistant-Lifestyles Center
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Outreach task assignment group and act as the clearinghouse for all Outreach programming; securing supplies, and evaluation;
- Coordinate weekly meetings with the Outreach task assignment to plan out/review the weekly outreach events;
- Secure all needed supplies
- Keep track of weekly outreach numbers
- Coordinate the Step Up! Bystander Intervention Program for campus
- Train students to become facilitators
- Schedule training sessions
- Reserve space
- Present programs
- Assist with creation/development/presentation of programs for campus as needed;
- Coordinate with the Health Promotion Graduate Assistant to upload photos online once per week from various events including Open Mic, Outreach or other programs and events;
- Coordinate teambuilding/social events for the students associated with the Lifestyles Center;
- Attend bi-weekly Lifestyles Center staff meetings;
- Attend weekly supervision meetings;
- Check phone messages and mailbox daily;
- Update weekly schedule in Google calendar II. Objectives
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of health promotion programs for the Lifestyles Center.
- Develop and implement opportunities for integration of health and wellness promotion into a broad cross-campus learning environment by working with faculty, staff and students.
- Focus on positive, healthy options and choices that impact the social influence model of environmental change and which support the needs and interests of students.
- Organize at least one social event per month for the Lifestyles Center.
III. Supervisory Relationship
The Graduate Assistant reports and is responsible to the Health Promotion Coordinator, Lifestyles Center.
IV. Functional Relationships
- Cooperative and effective functional relationships should be developed and maintained with other department members within the Division of Student Affairs, academic departments and other college offices as appropriate to the functions and responsibilities to the tasks and assignments at hand. Inclusion of student leaders and members within SA, SA recognized organizations as well as registered clubs and organizations through Campus Life will be necessary to increase campus awareness and involvement.V. Criteria for Evaluation
- The supervisor and the holder of this position will discuss subjectively the extent to which departmental objectives and the components of this Performance Program have been adhered to and achieved at the mid-point and end of each semester. The evaluation reviews will help in determining the willingness and appropriateness of continuing the holder of this position for following semesters.
- Consideration will be given to such things as success in carrying out assigned duties and responsibilities, productivity, relationships with subordinates and colleagues, dependability, timeliness, initiative, adaptability and communications. Direct observation of performance by the supervisor, self-report and input from colleagues who have direct contact with the employee will be considered in determining whether the performance has been satisfactory or unsatisfactory.