Filled School of Business BASAC Office Graduate Assistant Job Code 111A
School of Business-BASAC Office-GA 10
Supervisor: Lisa McGhee Laracuente
Supervisor Job Title: Assistant Director of BASAC
Supervisor Email: email@example.com
Number of hours per week expected to work: 10
Location the GA will be reporting to work: BASAC Office, 230 Rich Hall
Job description and key responsibilities including virtual/remote expectations: Assist in the academic advisement program (course advisement and recommendations), student registration, and student orientations for the School of Business. Completing Senior Checklists. Approval of off-campus request forms in consultation with the Assistant Director. Act as a liaison to and cooperate with other units on campus with regards to student activities. Assist Academic Probation Advisor with scheduling meetings and help maintain records. Temporary advisor for faculty on sabbatical advisees. Represent the School of Business at open house campus activities.
Learning outcomes related to the GA’s academic program:
Restrictions to the type of student who would be eligible: none
Behavioral expectations, i.e. preferred communication timeline for a GA to needs to call out sick: Meet with supervisor beforehand to discuss planned time off. For sick time an email to firstname.lastname@example.org would be required.
Specific information regarding this position:
You MUST be a matriculated Graduate Student by Fall 2020 to be eligible for this position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Mandatory requirement of experience using Microsoft Office Suite program including Excel
- Team player, dependable and responsible is essential
- Attention to detail and the ability to stay on task is vital
Terms of Employment/Compensation:
- This is a year-long assistantship beginning August 21, 2020 and ending on May 15, 2021. With the option to renew for a second year if performance is satisfactory.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are interested in the possibility of a two-year commitment.
Remuneration per academic year (pending approval) is $1,500 stipend for 10 hours per week, including $2,718.00 graduate tuition waiver. Additional benefits include: health insurance available, free employee parking, 10% off new textbooks from the college store.
Please send the following materials to Lisa McGhee Laracuente at email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references
If you have any questions or would like more information about this position please contact
Lisa McGhee Laracuente, Assistant Director of BASAC at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Code 111A