GA 20 Strategic Communication Graduate Assistant (GA 20)
The Strategic Communication, M.A. Graduate Program is seeking a GA 20 to assist in a variety of activities to be hired for the 2019/2020 academic year. Graduate Assistants may be assigned to assist with approximately 2-3 courses per semester and will work with the instructors of those courses to support the needs of the course. Graduate Assistants may also be assigned tasks that support the efforts of the Graduate Director. The Graduate Director will work closely with the incumbent to provide mentorship and guidance in the fulfillment of assigned duties. A high level of independence and professionalism in the execution of assigned task is expected. GAs will be expected to be on campus at various times and days as needed. The incumbent’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following task.
- Maintain content on Blackboard.
- Assist with the Coordination of Multi-Section Courses
- Assist in Large-Lecture Courses
- Assist with Grading
- Assist in Developing Course Activities and Assessments
- Communicate and facilitate Course Resources
- Help Undergraduates Understand Assignments/Answer Undergraduate Questions
- Assist with the development and execution of speakers if necessary
- Assist in the communication to all faculty throughout the semester.
- Assist with faculty meetings for multi-section courses
- Assist with Recruitment of Undergraduates (internal/external)
- Assist with Research
- Attend undergraduate courses to which the GA is assigned as requested by the instructor
- Hold Office Hours
- Keep Track of and Report Task Completion
- Attend Weekly GA Meetings
- Other duties as assigned
For questions regarding this position, please contact Dr. Katherine S. Thweatt, Graduate Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-246-0441