Filled Studio Support
The Art Department’s drawing and painting studios require support with regards to studio maintenance, studio monitoring, and preparing studios for instruction as well as assisting with the open figure drawing session on Fridays and the scheduling of models for figure drawing. This request is to provide support to the two faculty coordinators in those areas. The position also offers opportunity for the GA to prepare for a career in the visual arts.
In addition to providing the department with much needed support; this assistantship allows the department to recruit top quality students for the MA Studio Art and MAT Art Teaching programs.
- Assist in hiring and scheduling models for use in class and open drawing sessions.
- Assist faculty in drawing and painting with studio preparation such as setting up and striking of still life or other installation types needed for observational drawing/painting.
- Assist faculty with the cleanup of studios between sessions including working to restore easels, palettes, storage bins and so on.
- Provide open figure drawing sessions to assist students with homework and skill building practice.
- Provide direct assistance to students during open studio periods in the evening and on the weekend.
- Assist faculty with visiting artist, guest lectures, and conferences.
- Monitor supplies in first aid kits and eyewash stations; maintain MSED notebooks.
- Assist with photographing work for assessment documentation and promotional use by the department.
- Assist with student exhibitions on and off campus.
- Assist with special projects.
Skill Requirements required:
- Knowledge and experience in a variety of visual artmaking materials and methods
- Previous study of figure drawing and drawing through to the upper level of undergraduate study
- Knowledge of Macintosh computers
- Experience with digital cameras
* Ability to run open figure drawing sessions
*Position pending final budget approval